New opportunity to apply for funded places on Open University Microcredentials
Supported by the Scottish Funding Council Upskilling Fund, the Open University in Scotland is offering the opportunity to study a fully-funded microcredential course in a variety of subject areas.
The COVID-19 pandemic has highlighted the need for developing key skills in the workforce. The OU are committed to supporting the upskilling and reskilling of individuals and organisations by offering a limited number of free places. Once again, there is an opportunity to apply for funded places on Open University Microcredentials. There are opportunities at Undergraduate and Postgraduate levels.
In just 10–12 weeks you can gain:
- cutting-edge knowledge in a specialised subject, informed by our world-class academics
- practical skills that you can immediately apply to your work, or boost your CV
- undergraduate or postgraduate credit you could in the future use towards further study.
With microcredentials, all your study is entirely online. You’ll use a combination of learning materials, videos, quizzes and experiences to develop your specialist professional knowledge.
To apply you'll need to be:
As we have a limited number of places, the criteria used to determine how to award the funded places will take into consideration the following factors:
- Strength of personal statement.
- Geographical representation across the whole of Scotland.
- Balance across protected characteristics.
The final deadline for applications is .
For further details and to apply visit the Open University in Scotland Website.