Scottish Apprenticeship Week: Valuing Apprenticeships
March 8, 2022, 16.00 – 17.00
This webinar takes place as part of Scottish Apprenticeship Week and will focus on the value of good quality apprenticeships as positive post-school destinations for young people moving directly from school into the world of work.
Chaired by Jim Hannigan, Head of Skills Capability at the National Manufacturing Institute Scotland (NMIS) and Chair of Developing the Young Workforce - West, it will feature a range of speakers from across industry and apprenticeship policy.
We will also be joined by two young apprentices to hear about how they value their apprenticeship.
This event will be of particular interest to teachers and school-based CAS.
- Tommy Breslin, the Senior Development Officer at Scottish Union Learning
- Erin Bartley, Careers Advisor at Skills Development Scotland
- Neil Archibald, Head of Workforce Strategic Planning at ScotRail
- Jayne Nicholl, a technician who completed an apprenticeship with the National Manufacturing Institute Scotland (NMIS)
- Ross Pringle, undertaken a graduate apprenticeship with Leonardo
Please note this webinar is recorded