Since Quick Reads inception in March 2006, nearly 4.5 million books have been distributed and three million library loans registered, reaching hundreds of thousands of new readers and helping to change the face of adult literacy in the UK and Ireland.
These exciting, dramatic and funny stories are ideal for people who have stopped reading or find reading tough, and for regular readers who want a short, fast read. Quick Reads have helped people to pick up books and enjoy reading again.
Perfect for use in workplace
Hundreds of employers have used Quick Reads to improve the skills of their workforce, experiencing remarkable improvements in attendance, productivity and morale.
In a survey of workplace representatives covering over 21,000 people using Quick Reads:
- 82% reported colleagues felt encouraged to read in their free time;
- Over 60% found staff now read for pleasure (and read different books);
- 41% saw an improvement in employees’ communication skills;
- 68% noted positive changes in staff attitude and behaviour; and
- 70% said that Quick Reads have encouraged staff to try other kinds of learning.
Six fantastic new titles for 2017
Rowan Coleman – Looking for Captain Poldark
Jenny Colgan – A Very Distant Shore
Amanda Craig – The Other Side of You
Susan Jeffers – Feel the Fear & Do It Anyway
Dreda Say Mitchell – One False Move
Harry Bingham, Mark Billingham, Clare Mackintosh, James Oswald, CL Taylor, Angela Marsons, Jane Casey and Antonia Hodgson – Dead Simple (crime anthology)
Visit the Quick Reads website to find out more.
Development Officer - Everyday Skills
Scottish Union Learning
333 Woodlands Road
Glasgow, G3 6NG
Tel: 0141 337 8124
send an Email