When the Health & Safety Inspector Calls
April 25, 2023, 16.00 – 18.00
STUC, HSE, Environmental Health, TUC Education and Scottish Hazards present "When the Health and Safety Inspector calls”, the second annual webinar to build links with Scottish Trade Union Health & Safety Reps, Equality Reps and Regulatory Bodies.
This webinar is part of the 2023 International Workers Memorial Day in commemoration of workers killed, disabled, injured, or made unwell by their work.
Please join us from 3.50pm for a 4.00pm start. Register via the Book your place now button.
The schedule of the event is listed below. You can also download the event flyer and schedule here.
- 4:00pm: Intro and housekeeping – from STUC/Scottish Hazards.
- 4.10pm: HSE Director’s Office – Broad outline of HSE role, update on any new developments, relationship with unions/Workers Memorial Day.
- 4.30pm: Environmental Health update.
- 4.45pm: Overview from Scottish Hazards, update on International Workers Memorial Day then two trade union H&S reps to input on their experiences around H&S issues – including tackling stress, sexual harassment and anxiety and building H&S in a newly unionised workplace.
- 5.05pm: HSE Inspectorate – input on dealing with workplace regulation, enforcement, and inspections.
- 5.30pm: Q&A from UNION reps/participants – mix of text and verbal queries will be addressed via Zoom.
- 6.00pm: End
This webinar will be recorded and available after the event. Email Scottish Union Learning for more information.