Webinar: Staying safe on Social Media during COVID-19
Online, three time slots available - 11am-12pm, 2.30pm-3pm, 6pm-7pm, .
View larger map
July 16, 2020, 11.00 – 19.00
Online, three time slots available - 11am-12pm, 2.30pm-3pm, 6pm-7pm,
Based on advice from the National Cyber Security Centre, this session will highlight some of the current social engineering cyber-attacks related to COVID-19 and show you the steps to take to protect yourself. The webinar will cover:
- An overview of the main social media platforms and their security/privacy settings
- How to spot phishing attacks and how to report them to NCSC (Suspicious Email Reporting Service)
- ‘Dos and Don'ts’ of social media – thinking about your digital footprint and the impact on employment and future employment
- Keeping your personal and financial information safe online when using social media
- Understanding privacy and confidentiality when using social media
Three session slots are available - 11am, 2.30pm and 6pm. Meeting details will be sent out before the start time.