Data Detox: Take control of your personal data online
July 6, 2021, 14.00 – 16.00
Have you let yourself install too many apps, clicked 'I agree' too many times, or generally feel like you’ve made too many accounts?
We’ll show you how to take back control of your digital privacy – but without having to go give up your smartphone. Learn about how companies use data to track you, and we’ll show you steps to reduce the amount of data stored about you. No technical knowledge required.
• Learn how companies gather and process your personal data
• Learn tips about reducing the amount of data stored about you
• Practical: How to 'data detox' your online accounts
• Practical: Adjusting your settings so you share only what you’re comfortable with
To be eligible to take part you need to:
• Work in Fife, Lothians and Scottish Borders
• Be 24 years of age or above
This course is delivered by Digital Skills Education in partnership with Scottish Union Learning, and fully funded by The Data Lab.
Click here for the Data Lab Privacy Statement.
Depending upon demand and funding, there may be potential to extend delivery of The Data Lab courses across Scotland. If you don't meet the eligibility criteria for the current dates, you can register your interest in future dates at http://bit.ly/ROI-Data-Detox